Research Scientist - Horticulture - Full Time Role
We are part of a world leader in agroscience contract research services, offering an exciting opportunity to join our team in Hawkes Bay, New Zealand as a Graduate/Research Scientist and be part of our growing business.
A role at Eurofins Agroscience Services is challenging and varied, each and every day. In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to reward our great people for all the hard work they do.
The primary objective of this role is to plan, conduct, statistically analyse and report on research studies in a wide range of products within the horticultural, animal health and cropping sector. The research studies will evaluate insecticide, fungicide, herbicide and repellent products for the prevention and control of various pests and diseases.
- Provide quality research and development outcomes for our clients
- Assist with the growth of research capabilities and profitability for Eurofins Agroscience Services
- Conduct independent applied research activities aimed at evaluation and development of potential products, crops, plant varieties and technical services
- Support with the management of existing client relationships and attracting new ones
What We Are Looking For
Alongside qualifications and experience, we look for people who believe in what we believe in. People who enjoy coming to work each day and being part of a team.
- Tertiary qualifications in Agricultural Science /Science or relevant life sciences subject
- Ability to analyse, interpret and report scientific data
- Interest in Agriculture, with a focus on Horticulture
- Interest in pesticide application techniques
- Interest in the use and maintenance of machinery
- Strong communication, organisational and problem-solving skills
- IT literate
- Ability to work independently
- High standard of work quality
- Current NZ driver's license
Eurofins Agroscience Services is part of the Eurofins Scientific group with over 16,000 staff in more than 200 laboratories across 38 countries. Eurofins Agroscience Services is one of the largest agricultural and animal health contract research organisations in Australia and New Zealand.
We have a committed, experienced, dedicated team, many of us exceeding 15+ years of service. Why do we enjoy working for Eurofins Agroscience Services? Because of our flexible, professional and family friendly culture and because we love what we do!
What Happens Next
Our people are what make us able to do what we do. So it's incredibly important to find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit, you'll be initially invited to attend a behavioural interview, this will give us the opportunity to see if you believe in what we believe in and if your individuality, will make our team great.
This position will be advertised until close of business 11 August 2017. Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Please forward your CV and cover letter outlining your experience and availability to HumanResourcesANZ@eurofins.com