Casual Laboratory Technician - Casual
Eurofins Bay of Plenty (Formally AgFirst BOP) is the independent laboratory contracted by ZESPRI™ International to process orchard maturity clearance samples. Samples from as far away as Gisborne, Kerikeri, and Levin will be processed at our Katikati and Te Puke laboratories along with local BOP fruit.
Some of the tests carried out on these samples include Brix, Dry Matter, Seed Colour, Weight, Flesh Colour, and Firmness. Each 60 or 90 fruit sample will have several of these tests depend on variety and time of season. These tests will determine when growers are able to harvest their crops and at what rate they will get paid for their fruit.
This season each lab will operate three shifts operating approx. as follows
MAIN SHIFT (Starting Rate: $15.75 /hour)
· Starting rate $15.75/hour with potential for additional incentive bonus payments based on your competencies which will relate to quality, pace and Health and Safety.
· An average shift may start between 10am and 12pm in both Te Puke and Katikati labs, and will finish when all testing is complete, this is usually around 5-6pm Shift times will vary throughout the season based on daily volumes
· Shifts available 4 to 7 days a week
· Weekend work is required
STUDENT SHIFT (Starting Rate: $12.75/hour)
· Students working their first season for Eurofins Bay of Plenty have a starting rate of $12.75/hour with potential for additional incentive bonus payments based on your competencies which will relate to quality, pace and Health and Safety
· Starting at 3.30pm and finishing when all testing is complete, this is usually around 6-8pm but will vary throughout the season as demand requires
· Students may not work after 10pm on a school night
· Students are required to work 3 shifts per week, at least one of which must be a weekend shift.
· Students must be 16 or older as of 1st March 2018
NIGHT SHIFT (Starting Rate: $17.00/hour)
· Starting rate is $17.00 per hour with potential for additional incentive bonus payments based on your competencies which will relate to quality, pace and Health and Safety.
· Approx. shift times will be starting at 5pm and finishing around 2-5am
· Shift times will vary throughout the season based on daily volumes
· Shifts available 4 -7 days a week
· Weekend work is required
NOTE: All times stated above are indicative only.
All employment contracts are on an “As Required” basis to allow for seasonal fluctuations.
For all employees, holidays do not accrue but are paid out weekly with your wages as an additional 8% of the rates quoted above.
Applicants require their own mobile phone as a large portion of the communication during the season is via text messaging.
The season generally runs from the beginning of March through to late May/early June and we attempt to have most the staff we require started by mid-March.
All applicants must be reliable, accurate, computer literate and proficient in both speaking and understanding the English language as well as being able to work within a team under pressure and follow instructions.
Experience is not essential as full training will be given.
Once you have submitted your application, someone from Eurofins will contact you to arrange for you to attend a group interview. This process should begin in mid-February.