Seasonal Laboratory Technician - Katikati
Eurofins Agri Testing NZ is the independent laboratory and sampling company contracted by Zespri International to process orchard maturity clearance samples for 2020 kiwifruit season.
We have successfully run this project for over 10 seasons, involving the registration, collection, processing and reporting of every Zespri Kiwifruit Variety throughout the harvest season.
Eurofins will test a sample of fruit from an orchard maturity area/s, If the sample meets the Zespri specified standard, a clearance will be issued for that maturity area of the grower line and be accepted by Zespri for export. These tests will determine when growers are able to harvest their crops and also at what rate they will get paid for their fruit.
The Eurofins laboratory operates 7 days a week during the kiwifruit season. On peak days in excess of 800 samples have been collected and processed.
The whole process is managed using a fully integrated website developed in house over the last 6 years. It features multiple level accesses for growers, pack houses and Zespri Staff.
Job Title: Lab Technician
To undertake Laboratory activities as required according to procedures ensuring Health and
Safety standards as are followed and all quality systems are adhered to.
Skills & Experience
- Committed to the delivery of the sampling testing process as an important part of a global export bus
- Flexible due to seasonal nature of the business and open to change depending on demands at the time. As sampling operations are carried out in all weather conditions and only abandoned if there is a safety issue, we need people committed to confirmed shifts with the availability to stay longer if required on short notice
- Committed to work at least 3 months from March until end of May.
- Ability to work under pressure and within time frames
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Medium level of English
- Basic computer skill
- Professional and respects confidentiality
- Self-motivated with a “Can Do” Attitude
- Contribute to build a Positive Culture within the company
What we Offer
Competitive Hourly Pay
Dynamic team culture and working environment
Incentives for meeting targets
No previous experience required.
To be Eligible to Apply you will need
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand (i.e. NZ Citizen or Working Visa)
- Proof of identity (i.e. passport, photo driver’s license, or other photo ID)
- An Inland Revenue (IRD) number;
- A New Zealand bank account number.
- Mobile phone
All Visas Welcome - We encourage anyone with a Working Holiday Visa to Apply
Click here to apply for the position now.