Seasonal Runner- Casual
Eurofins BOP is the independent laboratory and sampling company contracted by Zespri international to process orchard maturity clearance samples for 2019 kiwifruit season.
We have successfully run this project for over 10 seasons, involving the registration, collection, processing and reporting of every Zespri Kiwifruit Variety through out the harvest season.
Eurofins will test a sample of fruit from an orchard maturity area/s. If the sample meets the Zespri specified standard, a clearance will be issued for that maturity area of the grower line and be accepted by Zespri for export. These tests will determine when growers are able to harvest their crops and also at what rate they will get paid for their fruit.
The Eurofins BOP laboratory operates 7 days a week during the kiwifruit season. On peak days in excess of 800 samples have been collected and processed.
The whole process is managed using a fully integrated website developed in house over the last 6 years. It features multiple level accesses for growers, pack houses and Zespri Staff.
Job Title: Runner
Field Team Leader
To ensure that Kiwifruit samples are transported to Eurofins BOP’s Te Puke laboratory in an acceptable condition and in a timely and efficient manner.
Skills & Experience
- Committed to the delivery of the sampling process as an important part of a global export bus
- Clean driving record
- A reasonable knowledge of the geographical areas involved
- Flexible due to seasonal nature of the business and open to change depending on demands at the time.
- Committed to Work at least 3 months from March until June but flexible about days and times
- The individual will be expected to have a high level of fitness to enable them to carry out the required duties for the role as lifting up between 12kg to 16kg repeatedly on a daily basis
- Ability to work under pressure and within timeframes
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong written communication skills.
- High Level of English
- Good computer skill and the ability to use a phone and software apps.
- Professional and respects confidentiality
- An ability to work unsupervised and to be self-motivated
- To participate actively within the laboratory
- Contribute to build a positive culture within the company
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Transportation of kiwifruit samples from within the Bay of Plenty, Waikato, and Auckland or Northland areas to the Eurofins laboratory in Te Puke
- Collecting samples from numerous “Drop off” points within the above areas.
Task included are:
- Lifting of samples from drop off bins into the runner vehicle and the unloading or transferring of the samples at the laboratory
2- Loading of vehicle ensuring a safe and even distribution of weight throughout the vehicle
3-Gentle handling of samples to ensure no damage occurs to the fruit or the sample bag containing the fruit
4- Ensure sample integrity (don’t assume a fruit or sample label belongs to a specific sample)
- Ensure you are working in a safe and secure environment and that you use best practices of occupational Health and Safety
- Refuelling of vehicle after use ensuring the correct fuel is used
- Ensuring the “runner” vehicle is registered, has a warrant of fitness and check the oil, water and fuel before the start of a “Run”
- Protection and maintenance of the equipment and vehicles as directed by your supervisor
- Maintain all quality systems and report where necessary
What we Offer
Opportunity of Discovering New Zealand while Working
Top Hourly Pay
Great Company Cars
Exceptional team culture and working environment
To be Eligible to Apply you will need
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand (i.e. NZ Citizen or Working Visa)
- Proof of identity (i.e. passport, photo driver’s license, or other photo ID)
- An Inland Revenue (IRD) number;
- A New Zealand bank account number.
- Full New Zealand Driver Licence or International Driver License (Insurance Policy + 25 apply) as requirement to drive a company car.
All Visas Welcome - We encourage to anyone with a Working Holiday Visa to Apply
Click Here to Apply!