Seasonal Sample Collector - Casual
Eurofins BOP is the independent laboratory and sampling company contracted by Zespri international to process orchard maturity clearance samples for 2019 kiwifruit season.
We have successfully run this project for over 10 seasons, involving the registration, collection, processing and reporting of every Zespri Kiwifruit Variety through out the harvest season.
Eurofins will test a sample of fruit from an orchard maturity area/s. If the sample meets the Zespri specified standard, a clearance will be issued for that maturity area of the grower line and be accepted by Zespri for export. These tests will determine when growers are able to harvest their crops and also at what rate they will get paid for their fruit.
The Eurofins BOP laboratory operates 7 days a week during the kiwifruit season. On peak days in excess of 800 samples have been collected and processed.
The whole process is managed using a fully integrated website developed in house over the last 6 years. It features multiple level accesses for growers, pack houses and Zespri Staff.
Job Title: Foot Sampler Collector
To undertake field activities as required according to procedures ensuring Health and
Safety standards are followed and all quality systems are adhered to.
Being a Sampler Collector means that you will be driving into different orchards collecting
Kiwifruit as required for each sample, and drop them off to the nearest drop off point.
Sampling operations are carried out in all weather conditions and only abandoned if there is a safety issue.
Skills & Experience
- Background of Working in Remote Areas
- Good orchard map reading skills
- Must be Passionate about Outdoors activities
- Committed to the delivery of the sampling process as an important part of a global export bus
- Flexible due to seasonal nature of the business and open to change depending on demands at the time.
- Committed to Work at least 3 months from March until June but flexible about days and times
- The individual will be expected to have a high level of fitness to enable them to carry out the required duties for the role as walk up to 16km per day and lift up between 12kg to 16kg.
- Ability to work under pressure and within timeframes
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong written communication skills.
- High Level of English
- Good computer skill and the ability to use a phone and software apps.
- Reasonable level of numeracy (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication)
- Professional and respects confidentiality
- An ability to work unsupervised and to be self-motivated
- To participate actively within the laboratory
- Contribute to build a positive culture
What we Offer
Opportunity of Discovering New Zealand while Working
Top Hourly Pay
Great Company Cars
Fantastic team culture and working environment
Vouchers & Discounts
No previous experience required. Training in house & Online Provided
To be Eligible to Apply you will need
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand (i.e. NZ Citizen or Working Visa)
- Proof of identity (i.e. passport, photo driver’s license, or other photo ID)
- An Inland Revenue (IRD) number;
- A New Zealand bank account number.
- Full New Zealand Drivers Licence or International Driver License is required for driving of company vehicles (Insurance Policy + 25 apply).
All Visas Welcome - We Encourage Anyone on a Working Holiday Visa to Apply
To Apply please click here, alternatively email email@example.com or call Julieta 0276422836 for a chat.